Friday, September 14, 2012

"Live truth instead of professing it." ~Elbert Hubbard

TGIF! Man oh man, it kinda feels like the weeks are flying by.  Just that much closer to concluding this pregnancy and welcoming our baby girl into our arms.  Words can't begin to describe how excited both of us are! ♥

I've been trying to do some reflecting; both inward and outward. I feel that there is this sense of new responsibility (duh) that is unchartered territory when becoming a parent.  It's why I chose this quote.  What type of values do we want to instill on this impressionable child? I, for one, will challenge myself to re-evaluate my own.  Actions speak louder than words, and no matter what I say to my children; they will observe my behaviors and learn far more that way.  I'm proud to say that both Rob and I do our best to "Live truth" versus just professing it.  It's not always easy, and we do make mistakes.  But, the genuine effort is there. I think the fact that we have been affected by some people doing the exact opposite, has motivated us to live by this mantra even more so.  C'est la vie.
Ok, so I finally finished my secret project I made for Rob.  A Daddy Hospital Survival Kit.  Of course, I got the idea from Pinterest.  While he was outta town, my friend Christa charted me around town and helped me put it together. Thanks again Christa!  It was a combination of actual necessities, and just some fun ideas. Yes, the card is addressed to "baby daddy". haha
I bought him these super-awesome headphones that my BIL Nick has been raving about. They are called "yurbuds" and are worth every penny ($50 at Best Buy).  It really feels like you have surround sound in your ears when you wear them. legiiiiiit!
Oh yes, had to find me a card to express how I feel.  So thankful and blessed to have such an amazing hubby!
Top Left: Venti Mug from Starbucks with paper insert that you can personalize. I put a few quotes and wrote "Best Daddy Ever: Rob Hegarty"  Top Right: Individual vanilla coffee packets, also from Starbucks. Bottom Right: Kleenex! Bottom Left: Mint Lifesavers (one of rob's faves).  He really is my lifesaver!
Top Left: A box of earplugs.  Top Right: bag of hershey's hugs & kisses. Bottom Right: Deodorant. Bottom Left: a baggy of Advil.

I also included a Men's health magazine, trail mix, gum, and hand sanitizer.  It was fun putting it all together. Rob liked his gift! It was hard for me to keep the secret (he came home early one day and i warned him to stay out of the office!) haha.
It's the least I could do for him.  He really has stepped up to the plate these last 8 months (well, even before that).  It seems as if the dads get left behind during the pregnancy/baby-hoopla and I wanted him to know that he is just as involved and important in this journey.  He has always taken care of me, and those characteristics he has shown in the last 5 1/2 years just prove that he is going to make an amazing Dad. I can't wait!!

Mmk, a quick pregnancy update.  I think I now understand the whole "omg-i'm-just-so-ready-to-get-this-damn-baby-out-already!" phase that people refer to.  Don't get me wrong, I'm taking full advantage of being pregnant and very thankful that I am.  But sheesh, this last week or so has really been a challenge.  I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable and sleep isn't as smooth as it used to be.  It's frustrating not being able to do as much as I used to and feeling like I'm lazy (i know it's not true).  The carpal tunnel/swelling is such a pain in my ass. My right hand is the worst, so I've been trying to become ambidextrous.  Brushing my teeth is becoming more of a chore than it needs to be.  Turns out, I'm not all that coordinated with my left hand! Haha. Oh me oh my, gotta be able to laugh at yourself at the end of the day.  All the aches and pains are worth it.  So I'm told, hehe.
How far along: 36 weeks 1 day
Baby is the size of a: Crenshaw melon-not sure what that is (18.75 in & 5.75 lbs)
Total weight gain: 45 lbs, really hoping to not exceed 50. but, whatev!
Maternity clothes: non-maternity comfy skirts and comfy tank tops. or naked (my preference! haha)
Stretch marks? Still the same ones on the bottom of my belly, and one on my hip
Sleep: not so comfy these days, and Rob tells me I’m snoring/ breathing weird. haha
Best moment this week: Weather cooling down, hallelujah. Rob getting to hear the heartbeat for the first time in months.
Miss Anything? feeling somewhat normal and having energy. sushi. ice cold margy. lying on my belly. etc
Movement: Yuppers. She likes to kick me in the ribs. My little Mia Hamm
Food cravings: Pizza. Burgers. Frosty. Sweets. More sweets.  J&K Chinese food. Nature Valley Bars. Cookies & Cream hersheys kisses! I'm really obsessed with those lately. Can't just enjoy one, I have to eat like 5 in a 20 second time frame. hahaha
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing different. still feel icky after most meals. been popping more tums lately
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope. A few Braxton Hicks
Symptoms: the usual: back aches, arm/leg cramps, tons of pelvic pressure(ow!), carpal tunnel, a little tummy ickiness, burps and fatigue. aaand swelling, the fingers on my right hand have been tingly/numb for at least a week now.
Belly Button in or out? Kinda flat, sometimes pops out depending on how I’m sitting
Wedding rings on or off? Off. My poor sausage fingers.
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy AND moody, how bout that!? haha
Looking forward to: the weather really cooling down, for realsies. aaaaand for baby Sofia to be here with us!

Ooh, I almost forgot.  Jody was kind enough to put together a betting pool for Sofia.  To guess the following: 1. Birth Day and Time and 2. Weight & Length.  It's a $5 buy in for each bet. You can go to: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/8MNka?psid=6cd5965ee7b844d28d2595ba4e6d1f5b
This is the FB event: http://www.facebook.com/events/519866188028556/
You can post your guess on the event wall or email jody: kane.jody@yahoo.com
Only info I've given is that she has been measuring a week early (sometimes means nothing!) and the updated belly pic.  I am taking a new one tomorrow and will try (keyword:try) to update my blog a little earlier this time.

I will see ya then, or see ya on another time!

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment