Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Time is making fools of us again." ~J.K. Rowling

Tick tock! I find this quote rather fitting for my current situation.  I've been told at all my ultrasound appointments ordered by my doc that I've been measuring a week early, and at my OB appointments; my belly measurement has also shown about a week early. Pffft! We are 3 days away from the due date.  So much for accuracy, haha. Oh wells.  Like I've been saying, gotta take it all with a grain of salt. But, I gotta be honest... I'm officially ancy and anxious to finally meet my little babe.  ((not to mention SO over being preggers)) Especially since I've noticed a mini baby boom amongst my fellow FB ladies.  I can count a handful that were due after me and have already had their babies.  Is it my turn yet?! le sigh.  However, I'm extremely grateful that I've made it full term. I've seen a few mamas out there that had their babies too early and not be so lucky.  I do count my blessings and am so thankful I've had a low risk pregnancy with no hospital visits or preterm labor.  Buuuuut, stilllll. This last home stretch has been rough!

So yup, I'm still here. As pregnant as ever. I'm happy to report my preggers twinsie, Tanicka, had baby London Amaya on Sunday.  She just had to be a September baby. Hahaha, I love it.  Successful VBAC with a healthy, happy baby girl.  So excited for them!  When we went to visit, I had 3-4 people ask if I was checking in and all I could do was shamefully drop my head and say in a small voice, "no, not yet..."  bahahaha. I'm such a little whiny punk.
I'm so ready! Got my overnight bag ready, diaper bag, putting together a doggy bag (not for leftovers) for the pups when they need to go to Casa de Cuervos. Let's do this!
Poor Rob is extremely ready! I think it's been a challenge to focus at work this week because he is so excited.  Also, since I've had a lot more pelvic pressure and groan in pain while I sleep; he is wide awake ready to go "Babe, you ok? Is it a contraction?"  or when I *ever so slowly* get up to go pee (for the 6th time) he says he is just waiting for me to tell him my water broke or I found other evidence of labor (bloody show, sorry if it's TMI).  Could I just say that i absolutely love how knowledgeable and involved Rob has been throughout this whole pregnancy. It's pretty great.
Not much else to report, so how bout some belly stats (hopefully the last one?)


How far along: 39 weeks 1 day
Baby is the size of a: mini watermelon (20 in & 7.25 lbs)
Total weight gain: 54. please stop! haha
Maternity clothes: non-maternity comfy skirts and comfy tank tops. or naked (my preference! haha)
Stretch marks? Still the same ones on the bottom of my belly, and on each hip.
Sleep: straight up sucks, just being honest!
Best moment this week: getting to hold not 1, but 2 newborns. is it my turn yet?!
Miss Anything? feeling like myself, like my body isn’t falling a part. the feeling in my right hand, lying on my belly, seeing my ankle bones, an ice cold margy, sushi, a hard workout, having energy, being able to move without something hurting, ok. i’ll stop. haha
Movement: yup, my little night owl. and everytime she moves, I sweetly ask if she is ready to keep moving down. haha
Food cravings: bluebell icecream (cookies and cream AND butter crunch) anything chocolate & peanut butter. firehouse subs. honey hot wings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: still feel icky after most meals. suuucks
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: It’s really hard to say
Symptoms: the usual: back aches, arm/leg cramps, tons of pelvic pressure(ow!), carpal tunnel, tummy ickiness, burps, fatigue, swelling (the fingers on my right hand have been tingly/numb for quite some time) And more fatigue, WTH! Oh, and a new one: my knees are starting to hurt. basically, I’m falling a part
Belly Button in or out? Kinda flat, sometimes pops out depending on how I’m sitting
Wedding rings on or off? Off. My poor, tingly sausage fingers.
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy AND moody, I am pregnant people! haha
Looking forward to: holding and cuddling our precious Sofia, whenever she decides to make her grand entrance.

Happy October!  My favorite part of the year has officially begun.

Big Gulps huh? Welp, see ya later!
Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment