Friday, November 30, 2012

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Happy *belated* Thanksgiving to you all! I'm only a week-ish late, c'mon meow.  I've been meaning to update for over a week, but can't seem to find the time.  Still trying to get our Christmas tree up and decorated, ha!  Anyway, Thanksgiving was at our house this year.  It was super convenient to have Sofia in her own element, even if it was "pass the baby around", much like hot potato, hehe.  We did a potluck and had so much food and goodies; it was amazing.  So glad we got to spend it with such great people.  I just love this time of the year, and want to make a better effort of being more thankful in other months besides November.  We have had such a blessed year, and I am so grateful!  Here are a few pics of out little butterball on Turkey Day:

I just love the sweet look she is giving daddy.  He seems to be the one that can invoke such great expressions from her.  She has been smiling a lot more these last few weeks, and making adorable cooing noises.  It sounds like she is saying "Goo". Man, I can't believe she is 7 weeks old. SO nuts!

The night before thanksgiving was hellish for the both of us, up almost every hour and hardly any sleep.  I had been laying her down on her tummy during her daytime naps for at least 3 weeks now and noticed she sleeps more soundly.  Her neck is really strong and she has amazing head movement.  Going against the grain (what is the grain these days anyway?!), we decided to let her sleep on her belly at night time.  Of course, I watched her like a hawk those first few hours.  Waking up at every little sound.  She slept 6 hours and 15 minutes!  Compared to sleeping an average 2-3 hours at a time, it was huge!  Next night: 6 hours and 45 minutes.  Tuesday night, she slept through the night for the first time (8 and 1/2 hours) from 10pm-6:30am. Hallelujah!  Mommy & Daddy instincts rule.

It will be nice to fall into a routine now.  I'm still trying to gauge what type of daily naps she will have. I know it's not gonna happen overnight, but it is getting easier over all.  I just gotta remember to take care of mommy too!  I'm really looking forward to exercising again.  I've already noticed I have more energy and my back doesn't hurt as bad.  I swear, the damn anesthesiologist stabbed me one too many times because I've noticed a dull ache in my back.  No bueno.  I hope it goes away over time :/



Postpartum recovery is going much better.  I don't really notice my incision as often, but was told it can take up to a year to fully heal. Yikes! This mama wants to be beach body ready sooner than that ;)  Yes, I know.  It took 9 months to put on, so don't rush it.  I'm not trying to have a 6 pack by next week; it's more about feeling good.  I feel better when I eat healthier and work out on a regular basis.  I'm pumped! I think Rob thought I was a little crazy when I was excited to do Insanity with him.  It feels good to have a good sweat sesh :D Maybe, just maybe I will document getting back into shape on this blog too.  So far, I've lost about 30 lbs just from breastfeeding. It really did melt off in the first few weeks. Now I *only* hafta lose 25 more, which has been done before. I'm more focused on how my clothes fit, so we shall see.

Mmk, back to baby.  With all the hustle and bustle, I asked Bre to do an impromptu Holiday Pic photoshoot. Here are a few of my faves:









I just love that last one, it was in between wardrobe changes and she was hammin' it up.  She is just starting to show more and more personality as each day passes and i absolutely love it!


 
Le sigh, I love our little monkey. Anyway, there's not much else to report until her 2 month well checkup in about a week. I leave you all with one more pic.  It's her faux hawk look:

Until next time, 

La la lex!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment