Friday, December 28, 2012

"I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month." ~Harlan Miller

Oh Christmas, how I love thee! What a wonderful holiday season it has been for our little family. It's been really fun introducing Sofia to various family members most recently.  We actually made it out to Uncle Kevin & Aunt Pam's annual Cookies with Santa Holiday Party, yay!  I was excited to get her all dolled up.
Sofia did really well on the drive up, considering she didn't sleep much during the day.  She was a little fussy at times during the party, but when it came to meeting Santa for the first time; she was all smiles.  It was adorable!

Lately I have been tickling her with my hair or the end of a scarf, and she just loves it.  So when Santa held her, she snuggled up right to his beard and started to smile.  She sure knows how to gather a crowd, hehe.

Christmas Eve ended up being crazy, as usual.  Both of our families always do our celebrations on the same night and it's always been challenging to split the time.  Boy oh boy, we left the house around 2pm and didn't get home until 10:30pm.  Baby girl did really well, considering. It did take her a few days to get back on a somewhat normal schedule though. It was really nice being able to spend Christmas morning with just the 3 of us.  Special shoutout to Michelle for hosting an awesome party with volleyball & to my parents for having such delicious homemade mexican food.  Aaaand for bringing us some Menudo. I love my mom's cookin!
We had a blast doing many photo opps with gifts and toys.
   
Yay for happy baby on Christmas morning!
I'm excited to create our own family traditions, like opening one gift on Christmas Eve: pj's! So much fun, what a splendid Christmas it was. Thank you to all our family & friends who spoiled our precious girl with gifts.

Here are the rest of her "festive" outfits of the week:




She is just too much fun to play dress up with! I'm also super excited to announce that she has passed another awesome milestone; rolling over!  It happened yesterday, right after an afternoon nap.  I heard her making noise and looked on the baby monitor and she was nowhere in sight!  Sure enough, I walk into her room and there she is lookin' at me all sheepish and happy (still half awake, I bet).  Just to make sure it wasn't a one time fluke, I put her on her belly and she rolled over again.  I grabbed my phone and recorded the 3rd one.

I emailed it to Rob & made him watch it while we were on the phone together. So awesome.  It's already making it easier when she wakes up in the morning.  Usually I can hear her stirring (on her belly) and I get up to flip her on her back to play for awhile.  This morning, however, I woke up to her cooing and she had rolled over on her back and was just playing around.  Who knows how long those shenanigans were going on! Haha. 

I *think* I've decided to move her to her crib full time in the next few weeks.  She takes all her daily naps in her crib, and after her 1 feeding around 2-3am, I put her in her crib until morning (unless she sleeps through the night) She sleeps better in her crib, so this mama needs to let go a little. Haha.

Here is her weekly pic:

I just can't believe how big she is getting.  I went & looked at her newborn pics/videos and was filled with so much emotion.  These past 2-3 months have been some of the best.  Challenging at times, but the reward is truly priceless.  I just love being a mommy to this precious little being.  She lights up my life and makes me want to be a better person.  Even if there is a temptation to get sucked into some of the drama that life tends to have, I try to remember that I want to be a good example to my daughter.  Easier said than done! Rule #1 Stay true to your word.  Even if others don't, sadly.

Postpartum Lex update: I've kinda fallen off the Insanity bandwagon, oops.  I could go through a few reasons why, but ultimately they are excuses.  I probably need to wake up early while she is still asleep for my workouts, at least for now.  Sofie hasn't been napping the same since Christmas Eve and there have been a few days I have had my workout clothes on for 5-6 hours waiting for my opportunity! c'est la vie. Just gotta stop talking about it and actually do it!  On a more positive note, I did awesome on my fit test.  Did about 8-10 more reps on each move, boom.  And I'm able to do a few real pushups now. Damn, I miss being in shape.  I lost 25 lbs once before, I can do it again. Yayyy!

Mmk, that's all for now.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a safe New Years Eve!

See ya next year! (ok, i know it's cheesy.)

Lex


No comments:

Post a Comment