Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First things first

Well, look at me go.  I feel like lots has happened since my last post.  A lot of "firsts"  for our little love.  A few good, and a few not so much. We'll start with the good!

Almost overnight, Sofie found her balance and went from sitting up for about a minute; to minutes at a time.  I hardly help her anymore, except when she whips her head around distracted by something/someone or tries to grab a nearby toy...she will "timberrrr" over. 

She also crawled with her legs and moved forward!  She can do the leg part pretty well, and will only move her hands forward if we tease her with our phones.  Yes, she loves our phones already!   It's an age of technology, ain't it? ;)

Soooo, last week I decided to re-up our Mountainside gym memberships and sign up for child care.  Though I really enjoy working out at home with the one of many beachbody dvd's we own; I also didn't realize how unmotivated I could get being home all the time.  I'm pretty stoked about being able to focus on my workout, and I know that the childcare is legit (i used to work there back in my younger days).  Welp, after day 2; Sofie got sick.  It was bound to happen, and I'm really lucky that she has been pretty healthy up until this point.  le sigh.  It makes for a sad mama to see her little boo boo sick for the very first time.
She has been sick since Thursday and I'm beyond ready for her to feel better.  Her little raspy voice is the cutest and saddest thing I've ever heard. Poor thing has so much congestion and a nasty cough that wakes her from a deep slumber. She had a fever only one night, and I pray that the worst is behind us.  We have lotsa sleep to catch up on! I'm so lucky that Rob helps me out in the mornings.  Whether she is sick or not, he always changes her diaper and puts her back to sleep or spends quality time with her so i can sleep in (Sleeping in til 7:30am counts right?)

Here are a few tips I've learned while she has been sicky:

-Humidifiers are amazing! (Thanks Tanicka!)  Especially with some drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
-Saline spray is like a neti pot for baby. Get the gunk loosened up and suck it out with the aspirator. *Poor baby hates this because it makes her cough even more than she already does.*
-Prop baby up so the gunk can drain. *Was recommended by a pediatrician to put books underneath the mattress to elevate it, and hallelujah; it has been a lifesaver.
-Make sure to take temperature a few times if you use the "in-the-ear" thermometer.  Sounds obvious right?  I almost missed the fact that she had a fever of 100.2.
-Sometimes all you need is a little sunshine and some fresh air.  *If only this cured all of our sick and sad days.  But really, being cooped up sick is no fun.  We still went about our lives, but took it as easy as possible.
sicky poo
I'm thinking this is a sign that we need to slowwwww down.  I got all congested and sick alongside Sofie the first few days. We have just been on the go, and then trying to recover from being sick for almost 2 months now.

Phew! March has just been craaazzzzyyyy.  St. Patty's weekend was super fun.  Game night & family time @ Casa de Duarte's on Saturday.  On Sunday, we celebrated Desiree's youngest, Reagan's 1st bday, so cute! Then we went to Papa Chris & Gamber's house for some grub. Sheesh.

cutest little leprechaun everrr
This last weekend, we managed to still attend 2 baby showers to celebrate the upcoming arrivals of baby Marley & baby Elijah.  So happy for both Monique & Paulina, as well as their hubbies.  What a blessing it is hear about these miracle babies on the way!  The weather was just perfect.

Also, Rob & I signed up for the Neon run with Bre & Jason on Saturday night.  Man, it was the worst event we ever attended.  Don't get me wrong, we had fun and made the best of it.  But to sit in traffic for an hour to travel approx 5 miles, almost not have a parking spot (which we paid for), no timing of the race or taking pics, the lack of "neon" being sprayed & black lights, oy vey.....must I go on?  We actually jumped the fence near our car and went to Papa Chuy's (Los Favs) for some delish mexican food to cheer us up.  Did I mention the workers abandoned their station to spray us with the neon shtuff? Damn you Groupon!  Haha, oh well. It was fun to hang out with some of our best friends.
Things to look forward to: Michelle's bday, Easter, aaaand in T-minus 1 month we shall be in Rocky Point to participate in the Las Palomas Triathlon, hey yooo. Can't wait!

Postpartum Lex:  I forgot to mention on my last post that the dreadful hair loss has begun.  Fortunately, I have so much dang hair...I don't really notice except after I shower and I began to pull out more hair than usual. I tend to shed a lot anyway, so it's not so dreadful after all.

Welp, another bread crumb dropped.  Time to take some Mucinex & Emergen-c and get my beauty sleep.


Until next time,

Baby mama Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment