Thursday, April 10, 2014

Why, hello 2014...

Dangit, has it really been almost four months since I did a legit blog update? Oops! I have been saving a draft for months....the intention has been there. ;)

It's safe to say that the 3 of us took turns being sick (more than once) for the greater part of December and trickled into the 1st week of January.  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to us! C'est la vie, and sometimes you just roll with the punches.  We made the best of it and still managed to spend time with family and absolutely loved watching Sofie soak up all the wonderful holiday festivities.  We did an early celebration at Papa & Gamber's house that included lotsa laughs and ornament-making.  My side of the family had fun making tamales on Christmas Eve, all of us were able to be together for a late lunch & our gift exchange.  Then it was off to G-ma Bea's house for more food, gifts, & a fun game of "Battle of The Sexes"  We let the guys win, how sweet of us right? Hahaha
Gingerbread house tradish

Christmas Eve outfit to ensure she stays on the "Good List"

Christmas Morning!
 We also took a weekend trip to visit two of our best friends, Bre & Jason. Sof got to play in the snow for the first time and she loved it!

Once Rob & I finally got rid of our sickness, and ever-so-lingering cough, we did what everyone else does in January and started to eat clean & get back into our active lifestyle.  One incentive was to get "beach body" ready for the gorgeous beaches of Maui! We went to Maui in the beginning of February and it was our first trip without our little munchkin.  My wonderfully talented salesman of a hubby earned his spot (for the 4th time, ahem) to go to his company's President's Club trip.  5 days & 4 nights, all-expenses paid to stay at the new and gorgeous The Andaz Maui at Wailea. It was wonderful to celebrate his accomplishments and just relax.  Not to mention it was probablly the nicest resort we have ever stayed at.  It was a much-need getaway, but I was totally missing my sweet girl.  Becoming a mommy sure does change you! In a good way, though. Hehe.  We are so lucky and thankful to all the grandparents & Auntie Shay shay that pitched in to help.  She did amazing, of course. Miss Independent.
Black Sand Beach on our way to Hana was soooo cool
Gorgeous resort: Andaz Maui

The view on our morning run.

Coco wired. Lava Flows are so 2010! Hehe

Beach babes
 We took Sofie to Disneyland for the first time in the beginning of March!  So exhausting, but so much fun.  I seriously don't know how some parents co-sleep.  Don't get me wrong, I love those snuggles and I truly believe that you do what's best for YOU and your child/family. so no judgements here!  But man, we hardly slept and we had a very comfy king size bed! Anyway, we had a great day at Disneyland.  Gorgeous weather and enjoyed goin on rides. Waited in line to meet Minnie Mouse and it was so worth it! Sof was pointing, and when it was our turn; she clapped and giggled.  She is so silly, I seriously could have died from all the cuteness.
Went to San Diego before we hit up Disney

Walking from our hotel to Disneyland!
Minnie's House!

I just love her!

First Disneyland ride, before nap time hehe

My loves
And now it's April! We took a road trip to Carlsbad last week for grandma Bea's beach wedding.  I have never been and it's a super cute spot. Gorgeous weather and who doesn't love the beach?  Sleeping in a hotel was easier this time.  We waited until Little Miss was exhausted (around 10pm) and she slept in her pack'n'play until 6am.  I'll take it! Haha. 
Congrats to Bea & Tom! PS Cutest flower girl EVER!

Love my family!

Carlsbad Beach time

Co-sleep nap time might by a new fave ;)

Our 2014 is off to a great start! Our dedication to get back into our healthy lifestyle is solid.  It gets easier once all the small changes and "sacrifice" simply become a part of your daily routine and normal habits.  I am really impressed by Rob, he completed the T25 60 Day Challenge (only 25 min workouts!) and transitioned to Insanity: The Aslylum 30 Day Challenge.  Last week he finished Insanity: The Asylum Volume 2.  He also gave up beer, which I couldn't believe.  He says he doesn't really miss it. Wine or vodka press please! Haha
No excuses! Doing some exercises in our hotel in Carlsbad

We are a part of the "No Excuse" movement!  I follow and look up to fit mom Maria Kang aka No Excuse Mom.  It doesn't have to be just moms, it's anyone really.  Throughout Rob's long days at work, especially the end of the month (6am-midnight on the last day), vacations, birthdays, and any get togethers involving not-so healthy food and alcohol....he has really stuck to his guns.  I'm a proud wife.  It hasn't been easy, but that's what makes it worth it.  Everything is good in moderation right? Including Samoa cheesecake! Yum.

Enough about that, I wanna update about our sweet Sofia Rose. Today she is exactly 18 months old! Boy, does time fly.  I look at her and just see this spunky and happy little person. Can I just freeze time?
Adorable dress is from Lil Lainey Bug

I know this sounds silly, maybe cliché, but I really feel like my life didn't matter as much as it did until I became a mother.  It's like B.B.( Before Baby) and A.B. (After Baby).  Even though being a mom can be challenging, and exhausting at times; I would not have it any other way.  She is the reason for pushing myself to be the best version of myself.  My true inspiration.  Sofia Rose, I love you unconditionally and hope you always know that.  Thank YOU for being YOU and always putting a smile on my face.  Your daddy and I love you so very much, you're our favorite gift of all!

So, since this post took up most of nap time...I think I will have to do another post once we see her doc for her well check appointment.  Then I will have some good 18 month stats!

Until then, enjoy a few more pics of our precious little love:
Always being silly!


From our silly family to yours!



Until next time!

Lex



No comments:

Post a Comment