Wednesday, July 18, 2012

♫With peace in my mind. I got peace in my heart. Got peace in my soul.♫

So, I'm pretty sure I spend just as much time thinking about the title of the blog as I do on actually writing the post. Haha! I'm not sure why, I just feel like it sets the mood...or something.  This week is a lyric from a song called "Living in the Moment" by Jason Mraz.  It's such a happy go lucky song with an awesome message. I'm a sucker for lyrics, it's true. I find that I always find an album that I listen to incessantly and it creates a special memory.  I've been pretty obsessed with Jason Mraz's most recent album called "Love is a four letter word".  I just know it will remind me of being pregnant, I'm just that predictable.

Anyway, I picked this particular part of the song because it helps me put things in perspective.  No matter what happens to you in this precious life, you need to find peace within yourself.  It's a lesson I've recently learned , or maybe I've just been given a refresher course on(probably the latter).  I guess what I ultimately want to say is: Everything happens for a reason.  As cliché as that can sound, I truly believe this.  You may not see the reason why for a long while, but in retrospect, it will make sense to you. one day.  As long as you have made peace with it (the situation) and yourself.

For me? It was accepting God's plan for Rob and I to start a family.  It has been a challenging and heartbreaking journey, but I now know that this is our time and this is how it was meant to be. 07/13/12 would have been our Angel Baby #1's birthday and I was overcome with emotion. Words can't express having feelings of grief and gratitude at the same time; it's surreal.  Maybe that's why I turn to music to help express myself. I'm emo like that.

On a less emo note, this week has been pretty great! Rob and I have been religiously juicing and we can both feel/see the difference.  3rd trimester fatigue is starting to set in, but I think it would be worse if I didn't start eating better and doing some exercise/yoga. We have been loving this new "mean green" juice I found online. I will hafta share the recipe (still trying to figure out this blog-thingy-majig). Ahhh, it feels good to be healthy.  Oh, and now that we watched the documentary "Food Matters" (thank you Jason & Bre for the recommendation & hook up), Rob and I are pretty gung-ho about getting back to being consistent with our health. We also watched "The Business of Being Born" and it really pumped us up about D-day.  It was really interesting and just confirmed my decision to do everything I possibly can to have a med-free birth. Yikes!
Last week we got our bedding from Stacie with Lil Lainey Bug and it all turned out soo cute!  The collage shows the custom window valance, matching bed skirt, fitted sheet, quilt, pillow cover, and burp cloth. Can't wait to have Sofie in there to complete the room! Hehe. Oh yeah! (sorry, pregnancy brain at it's finest) I had my glucose testing yesterday. My drink was fruit punch flavored and it just reminded me of really sweet Kool-Aid (my favorite...the blue packet! hahaha) It kind of gave me a little headache, but it was NBD(no big deal, i love acronyms).  After an hour, they took some blood and hopefully that's the last I hear about that! No call=normal results. Now that we are in the home stretch, I'll have OB appointments every 2 weeks. And soon it will be weekly, whoa! I love that I get to see my actual OB every other appointment.  A special shout-out to Christine for referring me to True Harmony. I love their office and feel 100% confident with Dr. Brass. It makes a huge difference, especially as a FTM (first time mom, keep up people!) I have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday to check on my placenta. It was lying a little low on my last ultrasound appointment (2 months ago).  Hopefully it's in a spot that is considered safe and normal. I'm not worried about it, since I try not to worry about things out of my control. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

Ok, time for a belly pic and continued update..
How far along: 28 weeks 4 days
Baby is the size of a:
chinese cabbage (baby apps are funny) 14.8 in and 2.25 lbs!

Total weight gain: 32, still.
Maternity clothes: Yup, Rob bought me 2 new skirts. THE most comfy thing to wear, hallelujah
Stretch marks? none on my belly, my doc even noticed
Sleep: Sleeping pretty decent still. My hands keep falling asleep and I hafta switch sides often, haha
Best moment this week: Last week was getting all the custom bedding and goodies for Sofie's room. I'm so happy with how it all turned out! This week was getting to hear her little heart beating at my OB appointment. 156 BPM!
Miss Anything? Having more energy. I'm starting to get pretty tired these days
Movement:
Yup! I think I confuse Rob when he hears me giggle in the middle of the night (one of her favorite times to play)
Food cravings: Still pizza. Really love my muscle milk. Apple Pie with caramel drizzle (mmm!) Ooh and seasoned potatoes.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Don't say the word ginger to me (barf!) Oooh, I was brave enough to eat Chipotle and it didn't make me sick. phew!
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Can't complain (too much, haha) Nothing new, just feeling overly tired all the time. Props to the women who deal with this when they have other children and/or a full-time job/school to attend to.
Wedding rings on or off? off.
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week was emotional for me. Angel Baby #1's bday. Lots of tears, but most were happy ones!
Looking forward to: Ultrasound on friday! We get to see our little love. I wonder how big she really is! And of course to make sure all is well. OH! And watching "The Dark Knight Rises" in iPic Theater on Saturday!!! boom

Mmk, it's time to get off my booty and be a good housewife.  Gonna be creative and make up a new juice, it shall be glorious!

Until next time. I'll see ya then, or I'll see ya on another time! (gotta love movie quotes)

Lex ♥

Comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment