Thursday, August 9, 2012

"Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be." ~Grandma Moses

TGIT! Another week is flying by, and even though i didn't update on Tuesday or Wednesday...at least it's a day earlier than normal. Hehe, gotta give me some credit.

This week has been so great! Rob and I decided to hire Amanda, the doula we met with on Sunday, to be a part of our birth experience.  We meshed with her really well and are so happy we chose her.  I'm excited about our first prenatal appointment. I've been trying to make time for friends before my energy source is almost depleted and I become the dreaded grumpy-pregnant-lady-about-ready-to-pop-and-so-ready-to-get-this-baby-out! Haha.  I recently found out my good ol' friend Huy is moving across the world! (well the country), so we hung out like old times.  Had ourselves a raspado (i don't think i've ever had one, and apparently was deducted some mexican points). Talk about delicious! It's shaved ice with icecream and real fruit.  Thanks Claudia Cisneros for recommending Oasis Raspados. Can't wait to take Robbie. Had me some much needed shanlex time and got my pizza fix. Treated myself to a mani/pedi for this weekend's festivities and squeezed in some AH squared time with Ashleigh.  Can't believe how big Ellie is getting, she is such a little doll face! Finally baked some cookies today and brought some to my LBS (Latina Booty Sista) Paulina. Poor thing is recovering from getting her appendix removed. Phew! And now it's almost the weekend.
Ohhh aand todayyyyy, after I got my yoga on with Tanicka, i met up with Rob for what i thought was a typical lunch date.  I was surprised with a mini baby shower! Must do a shoutout to Christine, Kristina(& Becca), Krista, Ben, Chad(& Pamela), & Luke for making me feel special, even if I looked like a hot mess in my gym clothes sans makeup (yikes!) Hehe.  Rob and I are truly blessed to have such awesome people.  Not even considering today, I am so thankful that Rob has a core group of genuine people to work with.  It makes all the difference!

So the dreaded day has come...dun dun dun. I earned my first two "tiger stripes" aka stretch marks on my belly.  I personally think one looks like harry potter's lightning scar, which is way cool.  I have been doing my best to rub bio oil and lotion on a daily basis, and I think it has made a huge difference. But alas, it was inevitable.  I'm actually really surprised that getting stretch marks and gaining more weight that anticipated hasn't bummed me out (i have my moments!).  I guess because 1. It's all worth it to have this miracle baby and 2. I'm pretty motivated and know I will get back in shape.  More like, get back to my lifestyle. Boy do I miss it, but am enjoying the ride.  It also doesn't hurt having a sweet husband that loves me no matter what, and doesn't forget to tell me.  Le sigh, how did i get so lucky? How bout some baby stats?!
Total weight gain: 35 lbs

Maternity clothes: not as much lately. the tank tops I wear are from target or nordstrom rack and just a few sizes bigger. most skirts I wear are also non-maternity. whatever is comfy!
Stretch marks? it's an epic moment. i have earned not only 1, but 2 on my lower belly. i think i had a growth spurt in the last 2 weeks.
Sleep: Can't complain. That dang "carpal tunnel" is really annoying though!
Best moment this week: Feeling Sofia kick when she hears Rob's voice, it's so awesome! Aaaaand offically picking our doula
Miss Anything? Having more energy, blahhhhhh

Movement: Yes, getting stronger.
Food cravings: Pizzaaaaa. Shaved Ice.  Greek yogurt with Blue Agave, strawberries, and granola. Nature Valley Granola Bars
Anything making you queasy or sick: like last week, a few days I have felt a little icky after eating. not sure what foods, it's random!
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope, some tightness here and there. I’m guessing those are Braxton Hicks
Symptoms: the usual: back aches, leg cramps, pelvic pressure, carpal tunnel, a little tummy ickiness, burps and fatigue
Belly Button in or out? somehow I missed this detail in the last few posts. mostly in, still.
Wedding rings on or off? off.
Happy or Moody most of the time: ecstatic! I only got emotional once this week. I'm really surprised I haven't been as emotional throughout it all (i think Rob is thanking the Gods, haha)
Looking forward to: This weekend! Baby Shower on Saturday and Maternity Pics on Sunday, gonna be busy..but fun! And of course, meeting my little love Sofia Rose! I'm getting ancy and can't wait!
Less than 60 days to go, woo hoo! Can't wait for it to cool down, this week has been rough....throw me a freakin bone here.

Way past my bed time, until next week!

la la lexxxxx


Comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment