Friday, August 3, 2012

"The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it." ~Charles DeLint

Happy Friday friends and family! Hokayyy, so I'm slacking a bit on updating on Mondays as I initially intended. Pregnancy brain is a b*tch! haha.  I kept myself pretty busy this week, which is always a blessing and makes the time go by quick! The Childbirth Education and Breathwork classes we took were really awesome.  Both Rob & I feel even more confident about our med-free birth plan and are really excited for D-day!  We officially decided to include a doula in our birth plan.  The easiest way to explain a doula (though, i don't think they prefer the description) would be: birth coach.  They provide the knowledge we will need to make the best decision(s) for our family. Most importantly, they provide emotional & physical support. I think this will allow us to better enjoy our experience & focus on having a calm, positive environment to bring our little love into. We both felt relieved after making this decision.  I researched many a doula, and found one we like.  We meet with her on Sunday to make sure she is a good fit. Keeping my fingers crossed!

We also decided to have Monique Hessler Photography do a "hospital photo shoot" and ultimately, a maternity photo session.  We already wanted her to do our newborn pictures & have been trying to be frugal with our baby purchases (aka do our own maternity and hospital pics) But, I don't think you can put a price on memories. So so excited!
Man oh man, am I glad this week is over.  Rob came back with a vengeance and exceeded his quota, phew! It was a pretty rough month for all the infusionites. Onto bigger and better things.  I've also noticed this week that I'm feeling a wee bit icky after eating. I really hope that the nausea monster has laid it's ugly head to rest this pregnancy. 94 days of all day sickness will suffice, thank you very much. Wait, I stand corrected. I don't feel icky after visiting Bahama Bucks, hehe.  Cheers for a refreshing treat as a craving. On the right is half Mango/Sour Watermelon with creme AND 1 scoop of vanilla icecream. o.m.g.so.delish.
Le sigh.


Alrighty then, time for some belly stats:

How far along: 30 weeks 5 days
Baby is the size of a:
head of a cabbage
Total weight gain: 34 lbs (spoke to soon!)
Maternity clothes: yup. same ol, same ol. gotta stay comfy! except the shirt in this picture is not maternity, i think it's time to put it with my other clothes in storage. haha
Stretch marks? belly is free and clear still, keeping my fingers crossed!
Sleep: Sleeping pretty decent. Starting to really get annoyed with my hands cramping up and falling asleep so easily. Is this what arthritis feels like??
Best moment this week: At my OB appointment, baby girl was moving around and kicking while we tried to get the heartbeat. It was the cutest thing. She really is a stinker!
Miss Anything? My abs of steel! Haha jk
Movement:
Yes, and it's still the best feeling. ever. le sigh
Food cravings: Bahama Bucks! I have not been there in years (I'm talking like, 8 years.) and I went 2 days in a row. Thank you Bre for taking a detour with me yesterday! hehe. Oh. And pizza; that's a given.
Anything making you queasy or sick: this week was a little rough. my tummy has been sensitive and I'm getting flashbacks from the nausea monster. Please don't ever come back! I'm seriously traumatized. haha
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope, some tightness here and there. I'm guessing those are Braxton Hicks? oy vey
Symptoms: same ol shtufff: back aches, leg cramps, stupid hands get stiff and fall asleep. wth! oh, and tummy ickiness.
Wedding rings on or off? off.
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, happy, happy! can't wait til she is here ♥
Looking forward to: Baby shower next Saturday and maternity photo session on Sunday. Staycation the weekend after. August is a busy month!

I just can't believe we are 2 months away. Is it weird that it feels like it has gone by fast, but also slow at the same time? I just knew 2o12 was going to be a great year.  I feel so blessed.
Time to spend time with Roberto. We are watching UP and lounging around with our pups, c'est la vie.

Until next time (hopefully Monday-ish, possibly Tuesday-ish)

Baby Mama Lex!

No comments:

Post a Comment