Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes." ~Benjamin Disraeli

Happy happy news to share!  Just gonna spit it out (because most people assume I'm pregnant, hehe)

We're buying a house, yay!  Having short-sold our house 2 years ago, we were unsure just when we'd be qualified to buy again.  Things are always changing and Rob has been diligent about asking periodically aaaand we got pre-qualified a month ago. Since then, we have been on a hunt to find the perfect home.  Holy guacamole, this market is brutal.  A huge thanks to Rob's mom & sis for helping this come to fruition.  We really lucked out on finding an amazing house that we can actually envision living in for 10 years+.  We feel so blessed that we can afford such a beautiful home on one income and still live the lifestyle we enjoy.  Another plus is that it's only 2 miles away, which will make it easier to move and we love living in this area. Can't wait to post pics!  Closing Aug 9th and looking to move in by September 1st.  

Is it nerdy that I'm excited that I actually know about Pinterest with this new house?  Hahaha! I really can't wait to do some DIY projects for home decor. Eek! Especially ones that involve chalkboard paint, I'll hafta ask Desiree to show me her skills ;) I'm definitely down to try and do more DIY crafts!

I dabbled in a little project for Father's Day.  It turned out ok, I think I may need to use the spray paint chalk next time & need to make sure I wipe off the chalkboard pen I used.  Looks so much better than reg chalk.

Hope all you daddies had a great Father's Day!

Official 1st Father's Day, yay!


Throwin it back to the "early days"

Sometimes it is hard to believe that we have this happy, beautiful baby girl in our lives.  Almost seems like it was yesterday that I secretly wrote on my belly for this holiday!

And of course I hafta give a shout out to my dad. Thank you for always supporting me with unconditional love, guidance and support.  I wear my heart on my sleeve, just like you and have embraced that part of myself in most recent years.  Love you, Dad!
L: Dad & I.  R: Dad & Sofia
For the last few weeks, our little monkey has been trying to pull herself up and climb on anything she can reach.  She likes to play the "Look Ma, No Hands!" game and let go of my hands, wall, or whatever it is she pulled herself up on.
Epic Fail!

Sofie had her first "Cousin Slumber Party" with Karlie 2 weeks ago, and it was super fun! Karlie kept asking me "Ok, how many more days until I get to sleep over and stay with Sofia??" I love watching them interact, and it's adorable to see Karlie in the "older" cousin role.  She takes it very serious and is always wanting to help her baby cousin.  Not to mention, she is always making Sofie laugh.  She just loves Kar kar!
Karlie & Sofia!
A few funny conversations we had

{Sofie climbs up and stands up for a few seconds}
Karlie: Oh wow! She can do a lot of new things for her age.  That's pretty good for her age, right??

Karlie: I wish we could build a fort in her play room, that way Sofia and I could sleep together in it...
Lex: Maybe when she is older sweetie, she needs to sleep in her crib.  Maybe you can build a fort in her room...?
Karlie: Oh yeah!!! That way we can be together! I know she will be in her crib, but I just wanna be in the same room as her.  So we can be together.

{around bed time}
Karlie: Sofia seems tired..
Lex:  Yeah? How can you tell?
Karlie: Because I'm tired.
{Sofie starts crawling around and giggling}
Lex: I dunno Karlie, she seems pretty excited
Karlie: Excited to go to sleep?????

haha, omg.  so.much.fun. 

That following weekend, we went to NYPD for lunch and Karlie drew a picture of her and Sofia and asked me how to spell her name.
 Can't wait for the next slumber party and making more memories. So crazy how fast they grow.  I remember when Karlie was Sofie's age, and now she is 6 1/2 and lost her first 2 baby teeth about to be in 1st grade.  le sigh

Here are a few other pics I love, and then we shall call it a night:
Such a happy baby!

Loving her reflection

Her fave snack: Mum mums!

New finger food: black beans!


Everything else has been going well.  I decided to start the Jaime Eason's LiveFit 12 week trainer program. I pinned this while I was preggers and my friend Desiree started it over a month ago and I finally gave in.  I haven't lifted weights since my CG soccer days, and I feel like such a goober at the gym, buuuut I'm really pumped!  It's crazy to say, but I already feel stronger and have lost a few pounds in just 2 weeks (well, 1 day shy of completing 2 weeks).  Keep Calm and MILF On!  I still have a ways to go (preferably 10-12 lbs), but most importantly: I feel so much better, have way more energy, and just love getting back into our old lifestyle.  It's never too late to be the best version of yourself. In fact, life is too short to be anything else!

Thanks to my parents, Javy, & Cathy, we were able to enjoy a date night.  End of the month is always a challenge, and it was wonderful to just go to dinner and talk about what's goin on currently, reminisce about the old times, and be excited about new beginnings. So incredibly blessed.
Date night! The Keg




Until next time {{next week}}

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment