Thursday, September 12, 2013

Craftastic 101: Year-round Burlap wreath

It's safe to say I'm still a little craft-challenged, but I really enjoy crafting and making cutesy things for the house.  Practice makes perfect right? While Rob was busy helping upgrade the new house, I decided to break my crafting dry spell and make a burlap wreath.  I wanted something I could hang year round (saves $$ and time)

I searched pinterest and found this tutorial.  I headed to Hobby Lobby for my supplies.
-Metal wreath form (I think I got the 20 inch)
-4 inch burlap (I had to go back for more, oops) I think I used about 30-40 feet 
-Scissors 
-Embellishment
-Metal floral wire to attach embellishments
-Hot glue gun (also for embellishments)
Finished product
I was really excited with how it turned out! I also bought some cute chevron gray burlap and managed to make this bow.  I found an easy tutorial for that here  which I will use in the future. I used my hot glue gun to glue some floral wire to the back of the letter "H" and twisted it around the metal wreath.  Just fluff some of the burlap around to hide the floral wire.  The flowers already came with wire attached to it.   
Burlap wreath with embellishments!
I can't wait to find some fun, fall decor and switch out the flowers and bow.  I think I managed to only spend about $20-$25 (had a 40% off coupon) & just saw a burlap wreath yesterday at Michaels for $69.99, yikes!


Cheers to finding awesome DIY projects to make the house look fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment