Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Boob Factory is officially closed!

'Nuff said! Rob had a say in what the title of this blog would be.  A close 2nd was "The End of an Era"  But, I knew I was just being dramatic.


After 11 1/2 months, Sofie has decided to snub the boob.  I'll be honest, I was offended and a little hurt! Haha, but really. A part of me is sad and will miss that closeness I had with her, but I am very happy that I was able to breastfeed as long as I did.  My original goal was to make it to a year, and when she started to get teeth(about 5-6 months old) I was really starting to reconsider.  Owie!! This says it all:





Luckily, we got through that and Little Miss realized it was not nice to use me as a teether.  Anyway, over the last 2 months I've started to wean and take out one feeding at a time and supplement with formula(She also eats solids 3x a day)  A little selfish part of me is relieved to be done and excited to *finally* up my interval training and get toned. Operation MILF will be kicked up a notch or two!

I'm so so glad I took the time to wean and set the right expectations for myself, I haven't had any issues with engorgement or leaking.  (sorry if it's TMI, but I'm talkin to my fellow nursing mamas out there!) and I feel like I left the decision up to Sofie to keep going or continue to wean.  It also created a nice morning routine with daddy. He is already up early for work, so during the week Rob makes a bottle and brings it to little Miss Early Bird.  I get to sleep in a little, enjoy my morning coffee and get ready for the gym. So thankful for such a hands-on hubby/daddy.

So besides that, we have been busy trying to decorate and organize the house.  Feels like every weekend there is a project for that or errands to run.  I love it though!  Party-planning is coming along great, been making some cupcake/cookie stands and other decor whenever I have some free time.  Sofie is currently getting 3 teeth, one of which is her first molar. le sigh.  I bought a bottle of  Gum-omile Oil from "Take Your Vitamins" in Gilbert and it has been amazing for numbing those sore gums.  It's a natural remedy for teething that includes amazing oils like Chamomile(acts as an anti-inflammatory) and clove oil(numbing).  Tastes yucky, but works instantaneously!  A must for all mommies.  Orajel is weak sauce! Haha

Mmk, time to get back to crafting for the big party.  I will leave you all with some pictures(of course!)
Little monkey is climbing on top whatever she can find!

Just watchin' a movie

Happy baby!

Lunch with cousin Karlie

We celebrated my baby bro's birfday 2 weeks ago

Date night delicousness! @ The Keg

Riley watching me eat lunch, she is so neglected ;)

My loves!

So excited for fall!

Our teething babies playing!


Great pic of Sof & Lil!
Grumpy, but cute in her Toms that Auntie Shan bought!


T minus 9 days until our baby is ONE!  And 11 more days until birfday shenanigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment