Thursday, October 10, 2013

ONE YEAR OLD!!

What a special day: our little love is officially 1 year old, gahh!  We woke up to a perfect, chilly morning and both sang happy birthday to her.  She was smiling and clapping (of course).  I just can't explain how amazing this last year has been.  I've lost a lot of sleep, shed many tears (both of joy & frustration), and have learned so much about myself as a mother, wife, and person overall.  This bittersweet feeling tends to stick around.  I look forward to watching her continue to grow into her own little person and learn new things.  But, I also miss her being teeny tiny! Can time please slow down??
I wasn't actually able to find a collage for this, so I made an album in my phone and did a screen shot.  Can ya tell I'm impressed with myself? Haha, boom!  Here is the board I made for Sofie's 1 year photo shoot/party/etc. I'll post a better picture next time.  Oh, and according to her doc, she actually weighs 20.5 lbs (38% percentile) just under 30 inches(66%) Rob & I were in a hurry when I made this board, haha!
Rob & I talked about the hours leading up to her birth and it was like a time machine.  I can remember feeling so nervous, yet excited.  The operating room was freezing, and no matter how hard I tried, I was shaking.  I remember Rob holding my hand and we talked about one of our favorite trips to distract us from the craziness going down on the other side of that blue curtain.  It was such a whirlwind, but I will always remember feeling like my heart could just burst open from all the love that has filled it.  Still feel like that sometimes.  Tonight I rocked my baby girl to sleep and just snuggled her for a long while.  I stroked her hair away from her beautiful little face, gave her a soft kiss on the cheek and I closed my eyes to freeze that moment. She is my entire world, and I will always do what it takes to make sure she is safe and happy.

Anyway, this mama is tired from a long day (insert week, month, year! hehe)

I will try and update soon about all the birfday festivities and share more pics. Until then, here is a pic of our birthday Princess!


No comments:

Post a Comment