Sunday, June 10, 2012

Big Gulps huh?

Welp, I opened this account God-knows-when and kiiiinda dropped the ball. Now that Rob and I are expecting our first child, I thought it would be a good opportunity to drop a few bread crumbs here and there.

Today we were lucky enough to see our baby girl on the screen (not Hollywood...yet. it was an ultrasound. hehe) and she is growing so fast! Can't believe we will see our little love in 4 months! (give or take)  Today I am 23 weeks and 1 day along, and it seems like it has passed us by quickly. Even the 94 days of all day sickness seems like a distant memory, thank you mother nature. ;)  I'm officially in nesting mode, woo! We totally scored at Hobby Lobby this weekend and got room decor that we love at 50% off. Boom.  Here is a preview:

I'm going for a Shabby Chic/ Vintage Paris Theme (probably should choose one name or the other, ha) I've never been more excited to decorate, and am damn sure this baby room is going to be the nicest room in the house.  Kinda makes me wanna redecorate our kitchen and bedroom (though, this may be the 'nesting' speaking)

Back to the U/S, our friend Pamela is a tech and was gracious enough to let us come in and get some good shots.  Our Sofia Rose was being such a goof! (coulda been the few sips of Coke Zero I drank to get the ball rollin': no judgment!) She already has formed some habits. 1. She likes to face my spine. Soooo it's challenging to get a face shot AND it explains why Rob has only felt her "kick" (or as i said, back that booty up) on 4 occasions. 2. When we do get a shot of her face, she always has her hand(s) up there. She was playing peek-a-boo and rubbing her eyes today. She even gave a mini fist pump (probably a shout out to Snookie's little one on the way) and 3. She always has her legs crossed (just as I did, when I was in the womb)  I think it's crazy to think about her having her own personality already, but it's SO true.  In fact, when I get up for my 3 a.m. potty break every night... she thinks it means it's dance party time. I love every second of it. As uncomfortable it is being pregnant(that's a WHOLE other post),  I already know I'm gonna miss her kicking, swimming, and dancing around in my belly. le sigh

Mmk, gotta save some shtuff for future blogs. Karlie is staying the night and watching Scooby Doo. Here's to hoping my body pillow protects me from her spread eagle-horizontal-kickyouintheface sleeping habits.  Auntie loves you Kar!

Until next time,

Lex

Comments:



No comments:

Post a Comment