Friday, June 22, 2012

“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” ~Victor Hugo

Oh, music. ♫

Last week we had to get our AC fixed and checked into the Cuervo Resort & Spa for a few nights (aka Nick & Michelle's casa).  On our 2nd night there,Thursday, Rob decided to play some classical music on Pandora and put it on my belly.  As I mentioned last post, he has only felt our baby girl kick 3, maybe 4 times.  After 2 songs, baby Sofia starts kicking like crazy! {Song name: String Quartet No.1 by Shostakovich Quartet} Not just 1 or 2 kicks, but a medley of movement.  At one point, she left her foot(or hand, or whatever body part) sticking out. He said "Aww, she's holding my hand!".  It was by far, one of the best memories we have made so far on this incredible journey.  It's adorable that she already has her daddy's taste in music. ;)

This weekend, we also hung up some neat signs I made for her name.

I was really excited about this DIY project, and pretty dang impressed with my skills.  What did women do without Pinterest "back in the day"?!? I saw a picture on Pinterest and remembered my friend Kindra had done something similar last year, so we put our heads together and had a fun craft day.
◊ 5 blank canvases: $7.50 (thank you Michael's coupon)
◊ 5 different scrapbook pages: $3
◊ 5 wooden letters: $7.50 (Hobby Lobby half off on wood!)
◊ 3 rolls of silver ribbon: $6
Just under $25 for wall name hangings. ::dusting off shoulders:::thank you very much! hehe
I am also LOVING the tree decal we found at Target for $15.  Bre offered to have her grandma paint a mural on the wall for us, but we are waiting until we buy our next home in about a year-ish time.  It'll be fabulous!

It was also Father's Day this weekend, yay!  Rob has been working really hard and I told him he should treat himself to a Mac desktop that he has been wanting for sometime now.  But, of course, he wants the latest and the greatest and is willing to wait until a newer model rolls out.  We went over to my parents on Sunday afternoon and had a good time.  Played some card game name "Mau" that John taught us.  Rob and my dad watched the NBA finals game after giving up on the crazy card game (don't blame them! hehe)
I figured it was time to do another belly shot.  It's a pretty big deal, since I actually did my hair and makeup and wore something besides my gym shorts. While I waited for Rob to finish playing Diablo, I surprised him with this Father's Day shoutout from our little peanut. Yup, I wrote it upside down, ALL by myself.  (i see a trend lately of being easily impressed with myself...haha oops!)  After shooting some of the "undead" and reaching a "check-point", he saw my belly and had a huge grin on his face.  Can't believe we are 24 weeks into this pregnancy, it's starting to go by quickly.  I want to do my best to document all these moments.  In fact, I might start detailing a little more of the actual pregnancy.  Found this girl's blog from, where else; Pinterest!  Aaand I would have started earlier, had I not been chained to my bed by the nausea monster.  I think this is a great idea, especially once we are ready for baby #2 (definitely in a few years) I can look back on this and remember what it was like (since it seems all moms tend to forget some of the smaller details)
How far along? 24 Weeks
Baby is the size of: an ear of corn (12.5 in and 1.25 lbs!)
Total weight gain: up 25 lbs (yikes!)
Maternity clothes? oh yes. found cute maternity shorts at Ross for $15 that are my fave. oh, and can't go wrong with summer dresses ;)
Stretch marks? none as of yet
Sleep: I get a good 10 hours of sleep. body pillow is my BFF (thanks Bre&Jason!) aaaand I'm starting to take 2 potty breaks vs 1.
Best moment this week: Gonna steal end of last week's: when Rob got to feel lotsa movement while playing his classical shtuff
Miss Anything? today I really had this urge to just lay on my belly, and i realized how much I miss that! (belly/side sleeper).
Movement: yes, yes, yes. it's the most amazing feeling.
Food cravings: sweets, and more sweets. mmm drumsticks. and dipped cones. and cookies'n'cream icecream. oh dear, i need help!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Chipotle makes me sick :( and just being in a kitchen with strong cooking smells (especially grilled bell peppers or onions). oh, and donuts. taste good, but don't settle well (as if I need to eat a donut)
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Overall, I feel great. Some days I get SUPER tired. I get back aches pretty easily, nothing a good heating pad or a massage from the hubby can't help cure ;) Yesterday, my hands and feet got a little swollen from the heat.
Belly Button in or out? in, but it looks funny! hehe
Wedding rings on or off? on, unless I was out in 100°+ weather and I swelled a little (just yesterday)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Getting back into Yoga, consistently.  Tanicka and I are doing it together to prepare for an au natural birth. 16 weeks to get ready!

Yes, you heard correctly...my goal is do this birth thingy-majig med-free.  I'll be signing off to take the epidural if it becomes absolutely necessary, but I really, really, REALLY wanna try and do this the way nature intended.  Please pray for me! Hehe :D

Welp, doggies are getting a bit hungry...so off I go.

Until next time.  You stay classy, Arizona...and thanks for stopping by!

la la lex

No comments:

Post a Comment