Monday, June 25, 2012

"Gratitude is the best attitude." ~Author Unknown

Welp, it's that time again. Looks like Mondays will be the best days to update this blog, even though I turn a new week on Saturdays.  Instead of plopping myself in front of the computer, I'd much rather spend quality time with Rob (and we always have house/baby errands!)

How far along? 25 Weeks           
Baby is the size of: an eggplant (13.5 in and 1.5 lbs)
Total weight gain: 25 lbs still
Maternity clothes? yup! they really are more comfy. Rob treated me to a new outfit, bought some comfy black leggings and a new top.
Stretch marks? none as of yet (except I thought I had some when i woke up one day; it was just marks from the sheets, haha)
Sleep: Still sleeping great. 2 nights ago I had to eat 2 granola bars to quiet my always hungry tummy.
Best moment this week: Doc appt went great, got to hear our little love's heartbeat. Always a glorious sound. AND she has had some strong kicks that make me gasp! i love it!!
Miss Anything? May sound odd, but I miss a good sweat sesh. Walking and Yoga are nice and relaxing, but I miss doing some Insanity or the feeling after a hard run (even the soreness afterward). le sigh
Movement: Oh yes, she kicked so hard it woke me up from a half sleep slumber. it was hilarious. it's my absolute favorite thing about pregnancy (the list is endless right?)
Food cravings: this week has been pizza (specifically from Boombozz) and I am loving grape tomatoes and grilled cheese sandwiches. Sweets took a backseat..
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think I'm back to being somewhat lactose intolerant, nooo! Icecream hasn't been sitting well (maybe it's a sign. haha) and just smelling food being cooked (it's weird!)
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Still feeling great for the most part. Swelling SUCKS (still have 3 months-ish, help!). This belly is becoming a heavy load, so i rest a lot more often than I'm used to. Oh, and yesterday I woke up feeling exhausted for no apparent reason.
Wedding rings on or off? off, it still fits....but I don't wanna chance it!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, mostly. Got emotional the other day, way outta left field. Oh, hormones
Looking forward to: More strong kicks from baby girl, so daddy can feel. Ohhhh and a pedicure tomorrow! Hopefully my nail lady doesn't get scared of my mini sausages.

This week was way busy! We did some major cleaning and got rid of stuff we have been hoarding for no reason (i MIGHT use that one day! haha).  Ended up filling the bin at Goodwill and properly organizing our garage.  We have a guest bedroom again, woo! Bought a new bed and moved Roxy's kennel to the den/office.  Once we put all the bedding on, Riley jumped on it and looked at us like "Thanks Mom & Dad!"  Hahaha, it was tooo cute.  Lord knows a queen size is perfect for all 150lbs of lean Dane Lady that she is.  She is a riot.
We went bowling with the family on Wednesday as a belated Father's Day for Papa Chris, it was good times (especially because we ate Boombozz pizza after! FTW) Oh yeah, I also met up with Stacie, (went to Jr/High School together) who owns a Kid's Clothing/Goods Boutique: Lil Lainey Bug and bought the material to make some awesome baby room shtuff.  She will be making custom bedding(sheets, quilt, bed skirt) and window valance for the baby room. I CANNOT wait to see it! Man, it was a crazy week. It just feels like the weeks are flying by! Which is great, because AZ summers are torturous when you're pregnant AND most importantly it means we will get to meet our little love very soon.  Even though I still have a "To Do List" to attend to, Rob and I are so anxious and ready for her to be here. Our little family is going to have so much fun!

Speaking of fun, Rob's hard work is paying off at his job {infusionsoft} and they announced the dates and destination for their annual President's Club trip.  Even though they haven't announced who has qualified to go, Rob has been over-exceeding his quota and we are confident he will qualify. It will be at The Westin Casuarina Resort & Spa, Grand Cayman!  Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! So, our Sofia Rose will be getting her first passport fairly soon after she arrives and will take her first vacation before she is 6 months old. Can you say SPOILED?! haha  The trip is beginning of February, and mama will need to be beach body ready by then too! Hehe.  Trip or not, I can't even begin to express how proud I am to be Rob's wife.  He has truly stepped up to the plate to provide for our family.  It's been an honor to watch him grow into the responsible, loving, and amazing man that he is. How did I get so lucky? le sigh

Mmk, well I think that will do it for this post. I should probably start working on that "To Do List" ;)

Until next time,

Lex!

Comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment